BlockchainSpace AMA Recap
BlockchainSpace enables play-to-earn guilds to scale in the metaverse. It provides tools to empower gaming communities and runs academies to identify economic opportunities in the play-to-earn ecosystem.
On December 3d, Mo Walji, Head of Partnerships at BlockchainSpace joined us to answer our questions.
Mo Walji, Head of Partnerships at BlockchainSpace
I have been working with BlockchainSpace for quite some time now since we started our first Axie scholarship. My background has been in the startup culture for over 10 years, primarily focusing on Marketing and Partnerships.
Questions from the CryptoRank team
#1. Can you tell us about BlockchainSpace? What problems do you solve, both in the space and for the community?
Mo W.: – BlockchainSpace enables play-to-earn GUILDS to scale in the metaverse. We build tools to empower gaming communities and run academies to identify economic opportunities in games. Our aim is to embolden the next generation of play-to-earn gamers and guild owners to become successful entrepreneurs by equipping them with essential digital tools and financing. Currently, the play to earn guild space is quite behind in terms of managing their scholars (players) and also in finding sources of finance to scale – we help to bridge this gap. We are guild agnostic – so we support all play to earn guilds.
#2. Could you briefly describe the milestones BlockchainSpace has achieved, and about your upcoming plans?
Mo W.: – We have some excellent automation tools being released for GUILDS in the coming months:
- New versions of our community management bot in Discord (BTW WE ARE ALREADY ACTIVE IN 2500+ GUILDS)
- New web-based dashboards for guild performance management;
- New data feeds that allow partner institutions to use our data to give traders, investors more data about guilds.
Additionally, we will automate some credit features for guilds and allow auto-loans to happen natively in Discord.
Questions from Twitter
#1. Can you point out a few great features of BlockchainSpace that will set it apart from other competitors? What competitive advantage of BlockchainSpace makes you confident you will outperform rival platforms?
Mo W.: – We’re building this for the long term. We currently have a live product, 2500+ Guilds are ALREADY using our product. In terms of expanding – we will continue to partner with guilds, as our product really helps them to run their day-to-day operations. In terms of problems solving and product development – we focus on these areas
- Education through community building: We build educational academies for each game we research. The purpose of Axie Academy and Sandbox Academy (our internal academies) is to share best practices and innovations and build the community amongst emerging play-to-earn guilds. We run scholarship programs in both and help provide jobs to those in need in developing countries.
- Toolkits and automation; We have a CRM that allows guild managers to monitor each player within their guild. We measure the performance of game accounts and track overall guild insights. We also help with gamer onboarding, forecasting, and automated cashout. These are pain points for guilds as they scale. As you can imagine having 100 gamers request cashouts is the same as doing payroll for 100 people.
- Access to financial services. We can become a guild Data Bank that provides in-depth game analytics across guilds and help to provide industry benchmarking across all P2E guilds through data analytics. We have also become a guild financial bank allowing both guilds and gamers to gain access to financial solutions, based on track record and performance. We can automate credit scoring for gamers.
#2. In countries like the Philippines, where many applicants are attracted to the BlockchainSpace Model that is Axie Infinity. How is this arranged so they can be called “Graduates” and what do they do next?
Mo W.: – I think for this people need to understand our product more – we aim to serve all the guilds that run scholarship programs. However, as players play more and more, they might decide they want to start their own guild. Now, because they have been onboarded through us – we can see all of their previous earning history ie their payslips (in the real world) – this allows us to form an alternative credit system where players can eventually get financing to “graduate” and purchase their own team and play there.
#3. I read you have three Leading Angel Investors from CO-Founders who come from leading great Games. Can you explain to us the Axie Infinity and Axie Scholarship models?
Mo W.: – Yes that’s correct, the co-founders of Axie Infinity and Sebastian, founder of Sandbox is also angel investor in our Company. The founder of YGG, Gaby is also an advisor to our company and we have also got a partnership with them too. In short, you have to purchase game assets (axies) in order to play the game – when you play the game you earn money – so that’s the definition of play-to-earn. However, many people cannot afford to buy the assets, so they apply for a scholarship to a guild – the guild “rents” them the assets, and the player can then go and earn money. At the end of the week – the Guild (scholarship program) and the Player (also called scholar) split the money.
Now – what we do is help the guilds to manage their scholars – because as you can imagine this is like running a full-time business – so if you have 100 scholars that can become very difficult. So our tools are there to enable guilds to operate smoothly – and as a result, they can focus more on growth and productivity.
Questions from Telegram
#1. Is your project only for elite investors, what about others with small funds, is it open to everyone?
Mo W.: – No, anyone can purchase – just follow our instructions on the official channels – you can buy as little as you want.
#2. What kind of partnerships with different projects/platforms/protocols can we expect from BlockchainSpace in the future? Could you give us some examples of how other projects can leverage BlockchainSpace?
Mo W.: – As I said before, we already have a partnership with YGG, Coingecko and today we announced a partnership with Unix Gaming too – and there are some really good ones coming soon too.
#3. You say on your website that you offer Inter-Guild Transactions and Inter-Guild Tournaments using GUILD, how do you combat friction between the different transactions to ensure a clean and safe execution between these guilds?
Mo W.: – Because we are guild agnostic (basically we do not favor any 1 guild) – we work with all guilds. When we launch our marketplace – Guilds will be given the opportunity to purchase other Guilds using our $Guild token. We act in between to facilitate these transactions.